If you are a participant, click here (Application closes: 30th January)
What is Saïd Global Entrepreneur Challenge (SGEC)?
SGEC is a global business plan challenge hosted by the University of Oxford's Saïd Business School. It is more than just a competition; based on the quality of an initial one-page business plan, applicants will receive mentorship and guidance from the University of Oxford's business students and alumni to help grow their ideas into practical 10-page business plans. These business plans will be entered into a final competition where winners will be selected from six global regions.
Why should I apply?
Involvement in SGEC allows entrepreneurs from all over the world to take advantage of the University of Oxford's resources and an incredible network of past, present, and future business leaders. Applicants are eligible for the following benefits:
● Mentorship from the University of Oxford's Saïd Business School
● Access/membership to Oxford Entrepreneurs, one of the leading student- entrepreneurship societies in Europe
● Cash prize and opportunity to present idea at an Oxford University event
● Eligibility for Saïd Business School Venture Fund financing (separate competition)
● Eligibility for Oxford Entrepreneurs TATA Idea Idol competition and cash prize of £10,000 (separate competition)
How does it work?
The Challenge includes three rounds of review.
● 15th January 2012: SGEC kickoff – click here to apply
● 30th January 2012: Deadline for teams to submit a one-page business plan
● 16th February 2012: Applicants are notified of application status
Teams develop 10-page business plans with mentorship from the University of Oxford's business network.
● 24th March 2012: deadline for 10-page business plans to be submitted
● 15th April 2012: Regional winners announced
Regional winners may choose to take part in the Saïd Business School Venture Fund competition, with the possibility of pitching to VC investors.
● 30th May 2012: Global SGEC winner(s) announced