Now you have the chance to participate in Go Green in the City 2012. The competition consists of three steps which will take part during the first half of 2012.
Your team should consist of two engineering or business university-level students (2nd to final year). As Schneider Electric is looking to integrate women's views and perspectives on how to shape tomorrow's green initiatives, each team should have at least one woman.
Team members must study at a university in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Poland, Russia, Turkey, or the USA. Team-mates must attend a university in the same country, although they do not have to be of the same nationality. Each team member can only participate in one team and each team presents one idea.
Step 1: Application – Pair up with a team-mate to apply. Show us a creative presentation of your idea for intelligent energy solutions in the city. Click here to read more.
Step 2: Participation – The 100 best teams will be asked to create a synopsis of a business case for their idea with the help of a mentor from Schneider Electric. These teams are guaranteed interviews for internships and exposure to job opportunities. Click here to read more.
Step 3: The Final – The 25 best teams will be invited to the city of light, Paris, in June 2012 to make their final presentations in front of a VIP panel of judges. The winning team will travel the world, stopping at Schneider Electric offices on the way, and be offered a job. Click here to read more.
Apply by sending in:
- A creative presentation in English about your idea in one of the following formats:
- Video, maximum one minute. Use flv or mov, (max 5MB) or
- Word/Pdf (max two A4 pages) or
- PowerPoint presentation (max two slides and 2MB). This presentation may be in any form: images, collages, text or drawings – any way you like. Be creative!
- A one page CV per team member.
- A one page personal statement per team member where you explain why you would be a suitable participant in Go Green in the City and a good candidate for an internship with Schneider Electric. Click here to apply.
- Your idea should contain a sustainable initiative to reduce energy consumption. Click here to get inspiration.
Deadline for your creative presentation is March 1.
If your team is one of the 100 selected by Schneider Electric, you will be asked to present a short synopsis of the business case based on your initial idea for intelligent energy management in a city.
- Your case must present ideas for sustainable initiatives to reduce energy consumption. This can be achieved through increased efficient energy use, together with reduced energy consumption and/or reduced consumption from conventional energy sources. Click here to get inspiration.
- Your presentation should be a synopsis presenting the case you aim to solve and must not be longer than 800 words and may include a maximum of 2 photos/charts/graphs (words in these figures are not included in the 800 words).
- Selected teams will be assigned a mentor from Schneider Electric The mentor will help your team develop your idea and prepare the synopsis.
All selected participants are guaranteed an interview for our internship program.
Deadline for your synopsis is April 22.
The 25 best teams will be selected by Schneider Electric to go to Paris for a two-day visit to present the business case for intelligent energy management that they have worked on with their mentors. The final will be held on June 21-22, 2012.
- The final solution to the business case will be presented to a jury of Schneider Electric executives. Each team will have 15 minutes to present the development of their original idea and there will be 5 minutes for questions.
- The teams cannot change from the original idea in Step 1 and 2, but are asked to present a more developed and operational solution to their original idea. The presentation should be a Power Point presentation consisting of a maximum of 10 slides. No videos are allowed in the presentation but all possible graphs and images are acceptable. It is not necessary to bring a prototype of the idea.
- The teams' ideas and presentations will be evaluated on the following judging criteria:
- Understanding of user and owner needs
- Energy saving impact
- People impact
- Presentation skills
- The winning team will then, courtesy of Schneider Electric, get to travel the world VIP style with visits to Schneider Electric facilities, and network with employees, high level management and senior executives in first class settings. An attractive job contract with Schneider Electric with special career paths tailored to the winners is a guarantee. They will also meet recent graduates with whom they can exchange conversation on life at Schneider Electric.
- They are also requested to write a travel blog during their visits to different parts of the world and Schneider Electric offices.
It is vital that your team adhere to these rules to avoid being disqualified from the challenge. By entering our challenge, you accept these rules. Read more here.